Friday, November 14, 2008

Sweet Potato Souffle

Some people mentioned they wanted the recipe to the potatoes I brought lasnight to our enrichment activity, so here it is:

6 cups mashed and cooked yams (about 6-7 large yams, may need more if they are small)
1 1/2 cups white sugar
1 cup melted butter
5 eggs
1 tsp. vanilla
1 cup evaporated milk

Topping:
1 cup flour
1 tsp. baking powder
1 pinch salt
1 cup brown sugar
2/3 cup melted butter

Peel yams and cut into cubes. Boil until tender. Drain and pour into bowl. Mix with an electric mixer. Add the rest of the ingredients until almost smooth. Pour into 9 x 13 or 4 Quart Casserole dish. Sprinkle with topping. Bake @ 350 for 30-40 minutes or until golden and bubbly. Be sure not to let the toppping burn. Cover with foil if needed.

I must admit, I'm not a fan of sweet potatoes, but I would eat these every day of the week, they are delicious!!!

2 comments:

Suzanne said...

This was SO good- thanks for putting the recipe up! I want to make it for Thanksgiving.

Areli said...

Thanks Darcy for posting it.I have to try. Hope it turns out as yummy as yours.